Leadership is a skill that needs continuous growth and success to move businesses in the right directions. The Carnegie courses here in Atlanta really focus on education, purpose and employee engagement. As Dale Carnegie suggested many years ago, knowledge means opportunity.
Here are nine areas of positive leadership that increase the chances for continuous success as we close in on the latter half of 2013:
- Clear Goals and Objectives: Teambuilding and engagement start with clarity in both goals and objectives.
- Competence: As individuals come from the ranks into management and responsible leadership, managers must be ready for the challenges and skills of business that improve day-to-day activities.
- Focus on Others: On the “must” list, everything involves employees and the clients.
- Excellence and Communication: Across every level, of the organization, communication often is the leader’s best asset; it depends on how it is channeled across departments.
- Trust and Ethics: The blend of these two ingredients simply makes leadership stronger and more vibrant. The best businesses are built from trust.
- Active Listening: Assessing critical information is a top priority. Learning and leadership always go together.
- Making Deadlines: Time is very important. It keeps the business in sync. Meeting objectives in a timely manner is a top priority.
- Conflict Management: Issues of conflict happen. It is a virtual certainty within teams and relationships. Resolution and agreement must be part of every manageable process.
- Productivity: Although in a work environment, no one is created equal; it is critical to have a culture of success.
Dale Carnegie Training knows that leadership is complicated. It is important to remember that we can help get your employees to the next level. Our sole purpose is to serve your organization and be a continued source of training and knowledge as the team grows. We are here for you.
This post is brought to you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie Training Atlanta, providers of professional development and management development courses and information in Atlanta. We’d love to connect with you on Facebook.
Photo: jzcreationsz, freedigitalphotos.net